The new release of Salesforce Winter ’12, is quickly upon us so we here at StarrForce thought we’d share some of the new features with you. The Winter ’12 release is packed with new features, from the way it is rolled out, to more browser support, to major functionality and interface changes.
Below are some of the enhancements you will see in the coming weeks. For more detailed information, download the complete Salesforce.com Winter ’12 Release Notes.
General Availability During Major Salesforce Releases
It used to be that when a new release was deployed, your instance of Salesforce would be unavailable for up to 4 hours. Granted, Salesforce would try to time these when usage was low but the outage would still disrupt integrations and any late work you may need to do. Now with Salesforce Winter ’12 there will only be a five minute window where Salesforce is unavailable. Thank you from all of us workaholics!
More Browser Support for Salesforce
Salesforce is enhancing their browser support for Salesforce Winter ’12 to support all of the major browsers. Below is a list of the browsers along with the comments from the Release Notes:
Windows® Internet Explorer® versions 6, 7, 8, and 9
- Salesforce.com strongly recommends using Internet Explorer version 9 over versions 6, 7, and 8. Apply all Microsoft® hotfixes. Internet Explorer 6 is not supported for certain features. Internet Explorer 7 is not supported for Siteforce. For configuration recommendations, see “Configuring Internet Explorer” in the Salesforce online help.
Mozilla® Firefox® version 3.5, 3.6, 4, 5, and 6
- Salesforce.com recommends using Firefox for best performance. For configuration recommendations, see “Configuring Firefox” in the Salesforce online help.
Google® Chrome™ version 13
- Google Chrome applies updates automatically. Salesforce.com makes every effort to test and support the current version of Google Chrome. There are no configuration recommendations for Chrome. Chrome is not supported for the Console tab or the Service Cloud console.
Google Chrome Frame plug-in for Internet Explorer 6
- Supported plug-in for Internet Explorer 6 only. For configuration recommendations, see “Installing Google Chrome Frame for Internet Explorer” in the Salesforce online help. Chrome Frame plug-in is not supported for the Service Cloud console or Forecasts.
Apple® Safari® version 5.1.x
- Supported on Windows XP and Mac OS X version 10.4 and later. There are no configuration recommendations for Safari. Safari is not supported for the Salesforce CRM Call Center CTI Toolkit or the Service Cloud console.
[button type=”success” size=”lg” link=”http://bit.ly/1lnWRWJ”]Need Help Automating Your Business Process in Salesforce?
Learn How Our Administration Service Can Help![/button]