Salesforce1 mobile app is a great way for your team to access Salesforce when they are on the go. Salesforce1 can give sales people the ability to close that one opportunity that would help them make their quota, give marketing the ability to check on a campaign ROI during a meeting, or even help a customer service manager quickly respond to a support rep that has a question. And all this is done right from your mobile phone or tablet.
Salesforce1 can do so much that you can easily make the app overwhelming or cumbersome for users, which would bring down user adoption. Here are some Salesforce1 tips and best practices to keep in mind when customizing your Salesforce1 to make it a user-friendly app.
- Think About Page Performance
- If you are planning on using custom pages or a custom user interface (UI), think about if the images or processes will cause the page to have a slower load time. Users are less patient with page performance when it comes to mobile devices, so be sure to streamline your content and keep your UI elements simple
- Remember “Less is More”
- Customize the page layout so that your most important fields and/or required fields are at the top of the page. You do not want to overwhelm a mobile screen with too many fields, especially if they are not important to the page layout
- One Word – “Click”
- When creating custom UIs, think about what is easier for users to click. Buttons are easier to tap than links, so make Salesforce1 more appealing to your users by replacing all of your links with buttons
- When you want to make changes to Salesforce1, turn off the following permissions. This way, your users will not see the changes until you are ready to deploy them
- Connected App
- Mobile Browser
Making a few adjustments to be in line with our Salesforce1 tips can go a long way in making Salesforce1 user-friendly and increasing user adoption in your company.
Did you find our Salesforce1 Tips useful?
Check out this blog post about Salesforce1 Best Practices!
StarrData helps you get the most out of Salesforce. If you would like information on the services we offer, call us at (888) 391-4493 x101.